Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Book #10

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

SPOILERS!!!!  SPOILERS!!!  SPOILERS!!!

First of all, let me just say that I love Lauren Oliver, I love this series and I really, really did like this book.  BUT, being that it is the last one of the series, it fell a little flat for me.  I feel like the ending was rushed in trying to tie up all the loose ends, almost like the book couldn't be more then x amount of pages long.  I didn't like that Alex and Lena got a 5 second reunion after all the agnst we had to go through during the books, especially these last two.  I didn't like that Hana was just left wandering around in the woods.  Did she get far enough away when the bomb exploded to survive?  Did the bomb even go off?  I did like how both Lena and Hana were kind of going back to their original way of thinking about the disease and I'm happy that Hana's cure didn't work.  Although, I have to admit, I was worried that Lena was going to turn herself in and get cured to get over the pain of Alex.  Having just read Annabel, I'm also glad that Lena and her mother finally were together.  An Epilogue would have been nice though.  Maybe there will be a novella to let us know what the future held for everyone. Hint, hint. Nudge, nudge, Ms. Oliver.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment