Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Book #2


Pretty AmyPretty Amy by Lisa Burstein
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Regardless of what the blurb on the back of the book says, I didn't find this book hilarious or heartwarming.  I thought this book was going to be a cutesy, quick read that made me cry a little and laugh a lot.  It didn't turn out that way.  At all.  The last 27 pretty much saved this from getting a 2 Star rating.  Unfortunately there was more about this book that I didn't like than I did.  I didn't like that the protagonist had such low self esteem or the fact that her two best friends fed of that, not helping matters at all.  I didn't like her crazy mother or idiot father.  No wonder Amy felt so poorly about herself.  The only character I did like, was Joe and he wasn't in it nearly enough. Once I hit page 300 though, I was all in.  Unfortunately, it was a little too late then.


No comments:

Post a Comment