Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Book #102


Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars This is another book that's difficult to rate. While I enjoyed it, I didn't really care for the Protagonist.  She was kind of annoying and, well, dumb.  Really?  She couldn't tell that Travis wanted to be more than friends?  And the fact that she never told him how she felt at Thanksgiving made me want to kill her.  There were other little things that bothered me about the book.  Like how Shepley and America constantly spoke for Travis, and all the "huffing", "puffing" and "grabbing of faces with both hands".  I also think both of their backgrounds were left to be way to vague.  Abby was running away from this rough life but all I saw was that her father had a gambling problem.  And Travis became such a good fighter from getting beat by his dad and brothers, but when they call, he runs to play poker with them or cook them a Thanksgiving meal.  While it was entertaining after reading some of the reviews, I expected more from it.  I loved Travis though, for the most part.  I didn't like that once he got with Abby, he kind of lost his edge and just came as being possessive and a little crazy.



No comments:

Post a Comment